2018 – Ten New Year Resolutions for WG Minibus
- as a charity, to continue to provide a community service for the village – run by volunteer drivers and escorts, supported by local donations.
- to offer a low cost tailored door-to-door service for shopping trips and for special outings
- in this New Year to offer even more than the 110 trips and 575 passenger journeys from the village than it ran in 2017
- to offer an alternative service to the council-run buses (see other article).
- to continue to run additional special journeys in 2018. In the pipeline already – the Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery, Windsor Castle, Osborne House on the Isle of Wight and Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Club Tour and Museum
- to “hire out” the twelve seater minibus to other potential village users. Previously the minibus has run to the theatre in Guildford for The Lighted Fools Company productions, for Wyatt House residential outings and for the village scout troop to Cheddar
- with a village population of well over 1,500 with nearly 700 households to double in size its 2017 membership
- to tell everyone – young and old, able-bodied or less able – that they can use the minibus for an annual membership fee of only £5 with each individual fare realistically priced
- to ask you, the villagers, to not only use the minibus but, if you have a spare morning or afternoon once or twice a month to volunteer as a driver or an escort
- REMEMBER – THE WISBOROUGH GREEN MINIBUS NEEDS YOU AND IS FOR YOU!
- Call organiser Pat Farmer NOW to become a member, driver or escort or to offer up ANY suggestions
– 01403 700492
- Call Brenda Karn-Smith to book your seat on the minibus
– 01403 701076
- Call Kate Vernalls for information about those very “special” outings – 01403 701004