Farmers Market plus News
Next Market: Thursday 12 April 2018,
Wisborough Green Village Hall 9.00 am – 12.30 pm ………….
Our 16th YEAR!
16 years ago Lil Elliott and Mary Lindfield, together with Rosemary Treherne (d.2010) and Irene Pine (now in a nursing home) had the idea of setting-up this new and unheard of venture in Wisborough Green, for which the market community is immensely grateful.
The amount of work and dedication Mary has put into the market over the years has been phenomenal. But after nearly 16 years of active service running the market, Mary has decided that the time has come to step down from the Committee. She will continue to support the market and will still be seen doing her shopping and chatting to old friends, and whilst no longer a member of the Committee, Mary will continue visiting other markets, on the lookout for new stallholders for our market. The Committee and market community would like to thank Mary, a fine achievement. And as a mark of our appreciation, we have asked Mary to accept the title of ‘Honorary Patron’.
Following an appeal for help, the Committee is delighted to welcome village newcomer Annette Heselgrove to join the Committee as Market Administrator.
We would also like to thank Douglas Guy, Paul Spackman, Annette and Mark Heselgrove who joined the team of market volunteers to help with the February market.
March Market – Easter
- Sue Turley of Garden Cottage Products will be back with a great selection of Easter food specialities.
- Harvey’s Farm (our turkey specialist) will also be selling free range chickens.
- Pure Chocolate Truffles will have an array of chocolate treats.
- Fairtrade is being given a boost by the Government backing of Fairtrade Fortnight: do ask our stallholder about what the organisation does.
- And, then give yourself a break with a cup of coffee, a piece of cake and a chat with old and new friends courtesy of Macmillan.
Follow us on social media for updates, photographs and market chat:
Twitter: www.twitter.com @WGvillagemarket