Farmers Market plus News
Please Note that there is NO Market in January.
Next Market: Thursday 8 February 2018…..Wisborough Green Village Hall 8.45 am – 12.30 pm
What a Christmas Market! There was a full house of stalls offering many Christmas gifts and ideas, with a large selection of festive foods and treats, including the return of old friends ‘The Sicilian Kitchen’. Father Christmas (a.k.a. Philip Midwinter) was there once more with his helpers, Sue Jameson and Carol Holt assisting with the super raffle; Pupils from WG Primary School came along to sing Christmas songs and carols; and there were musical interludes with Gill Parish on the piano, all creating a wonderfully seasonal atmosphere.
The main raffle prize winners were:
- Meal for 2 at The Three Crown Inn Jane Scott of Wisborough Green (donated by The Three Crowns)
- 2 tickets for The Spitfire Experience Mr & Mrs Spackman of WG (donated by The Spitfire Experience)
- Large Chocolate Christmas Tree Linda Brimfield of Balls Cross (made by Pure Chocolate Truffles)
- Luxury Caribbean Christmas Cake Mr & Mrs Bristow of Storrington (from stallholder Cruickshank Catering)
- A bottle of Moet Champagne Aija Hamilton of Wisborough Green
And many more smaller prizes.
As usual, there will be no market in January. This gives both the stallholders and volunteers a well-earned break and allows the committee time to review the past year and plan for the next.
In the meantime we would like to thank all our shoppers, stallholders, sponsors and volunteers for their tremendous support in 2017 and wish everyone a happy and successful 2018.
Follow us on social media for updates, photographs and market chat:
Twitter: www.twitter.com @WGvillagemarket