Milk Deliveries

Milk Deliveries

Milk Deliveries The earliest known milk delivery in the village was by George Dunkerton of Wheelers Farm from around 1900. He was succeeded by his son Fred who transferred the business to Sweephurst Farm around the time of the Great War where he continued his...
Windmills

Windmills

Windmills In 1910 The earliest reference to a windmill in the village is in the will of William Phylippe that was dated 1521. Its location is not known, but the names of two properties on the Petworth Road, Milland Cottage and Milland Villa, imply that there was once...
Railway Services

Railway Services

Railway Services The nearest railway station to Wisborough Green is at Billingshurst which was opened on 10th October 1859 by the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway. It is on the line that went from Horsham to the junction with the Brighton to Chichester coastal...
Roads and Tracks

Roads and Tracks

Roads and Tracks This is an open-ended article on some of the roads and tracks in the parish of Wisborough Green. The Luth The Luth is an ancient road that runs from the Durbans Road by Brooklands Farm to Green Bridge on the road to Petworth. The road is now rough and...
The Forge

The Forge

The Forge There used to be a forge in the centre of the village until the mid 1950s. This was in the brick outbuilding belonging to Forge Cottage. The building was arranged such that horses were shod in the front part and the forge and anvil were located towards the...
Facebook