NOW IT IS TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL AUGUST SHOW
and it is OPEN to EVERYONE
There will be 15 classes and we have attempted to keep it simple!
Please send in your photographs which should be taken between:
Monday 24th August and Monday 31st August.
Please note your photos show the date they were taken – so in the spirit of fairness please keep to these dates! No using Photoshop!
Send to Philip either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by WhatsApp to his mobile 07977 596209. Please send emails singly so it doesn’t clog up his system or yours!
If you do not have a smart phone/tablet do get someone to take them for you and send them on.
Doris Smallwood will again be our judge. This is just for fun! No cups but there will be a prize for best in class, best in show and the most points.
The classes for the Virtual August Show are:
- Your best 6 Green Beans
- Your best Tomatoes – either 9 cherry or 6 medium or 3 beefsteak
- Your best 4 Potatoes
- Your best 2 Courgettes
- Your best 4 Apples or Pears
- Your best any other fruit or vegetable (any number)
- 6 stems of herbaceous or annual flowers in a vase (can be mixed)
- Your best Dahlia bloom
- A hanging basket
- A planted pot or container
- Your best shrub or plant in your garden
- An arrangement of flowers using two colours – foliage if desired
- Your oddest plant or fruit or vegetable!
- A plaited loaf – with your initials inscribed!
- For Primary School children only – a coloured rainbow.
We look forward to receiving your entries and the winning photos will appear in the October issue of Ad Vincula.
So have fun and here’s hoping the Society shows will function as normal next year.
Philip and the committee