Wisborough Green Village Hall
School Road, RH14 0DU
(Off the A272 just by the Village Pond)
Many of you will be familiar with the Hall building but not so many will have had the opportunity to step inside.
The Village Hall boasts an extensive range of facilities:
- The Main Hall measures 44ft by 32ft and can comfortably accommodate 120 guests seated or 200 standing – there is a range of tables available together with 120 stacking chairs.
- A small stage area is situated in the north east corner of the main hall.
- The Committee Room is adjacent to the Main Hall accessed by steps through a lockable door and provides a boardroom style table and chairs, accommodating up to 25 people.
- The Millennium Servery is also accessed directly from the Main Hall by steps and provides serving counter/ bar, sinks, storage, tea urn, bottle cooler and two refrigerators.
- Away from the Main Hall at the west side of the building, the Vine Room provides a more intimate environment with boardroom style table and chairs for up to 15 people.
- A fully equipped kitchen is centrally situated with direct serving access to the northwest corner of the main hall – a large range cooker, extensive cupboards containing kitchen equipment, crockery and cutlery for up to 120 place settings plus industrial dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, double deep catering sinks and lots of worktop area. There are also kettles and a selection of useful cooking pots and serving dishes.
- Ladies and Gentlemen’s toilets are situated near the main entrance and also at the rear of the Millenium Servery, equipped with soap dispensers and paper towels.
- A Toilet for Disabled guests is provided near the main entrance and the steps up to the main Hall are provided with a hand rail and an available wheelchair access ramp.
- Outside, there is a large public car park with space for up to 18 cars.
- The Hall has a Premises License that covers all entertainments (excluding film shows). A Temporary Event Notice (TENS) Licence can be obtained via the Bookings Secretary for all functions at which alcohol is to be sold. The fee for such a licence will be in addition to any hire charge at the appropriate rate determined by the Licensing Authority (currently £21.00).
|Bookings & Information||Mrs Beth Ellis
|Management Committee||Mr Keith Carter, Chairman
|Village Hall Hire Charges||Click Here|
Village Hall Refurbishment Plans
Exciting plans are currently being developed to give the Hall a major face-lift. Keep up to date as the project develops.
Wisborough Green Village Hall 50 Club
Two years ago, the Management Committee started ‘The Wisborough Green Village Hall 50 Club’, a monthly draw club with cash prizes for the lucky winners. There are currently 64 members (more always welcome!).For £4 per month (or an annual payment of £48), each member gets 2 numbers which are entered into the monthly draw. There are two prizes each month – a £50 first prize (increased to £75 each quarter month) and
For £4 per month (or an annual payment of £48), each member gets 2 numbers which are entered into the monthly draw. There are two prizes each month – a £50 first prize (increased to £75 each quarter month) and a second prize of £20. In addition, there is a Grand Christmas Bonus Draw with a Prize of £500 for those who have been members for at least 6 months leading up to this draw.
The Committee has determined that with more members the prize pool will be increased. During the last year, the club has paid out more than £1200 in prize money. The Village Hall keeps approximately 50% of the money raised to put towards capital expenditure.
The promoter of the WG Village Hall 50 Club is Ruth Andrews who will be delighted to hear from prospective members on 01403 700671.