Recipe of the Month
SIMPLE ROASTED RHUBARB AND LEMON CURD POTS
Rhubarb comes into season this month and I thought this quick, easy recipe using this tangy vegetable (not fruit, as I always assumed!) might be a dessert option at any Easter gatherings!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g fresh forced rhubarb, cut into 4cm lengths
- Small knob of butter
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 380g jar good-quality lemon curd
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 4 stem ginger biscuits, crushed
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/fan 200 C/gas 7. Scatter the rhubarb in 1 layer on a baking tray. Dot with the butter, drizzle with the orange juice, sprinkle over the sugar and zest and roast for 15 minutes, until just tender. Set aside until cool.
- Divide between 6 glasses or dishes. In a small bowl, roughly stir the lemon curd into the mascarpone with a kitchen knife to form a ripple effect and spoon on top of the rhubarb. Scatter over the biscuit crumbs and serve dusted with icing sugar.
(Recipe courtesy of deliciousmagazine.co.uk)