Recipe of the Month
PLUM FUDGE PUDDINGS ……
This is a lovely simple and seasonal dessert recipe using plums (I use Victoria plums from tree in my garden)!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g honey
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs (easily done in a food processor)
- 2 ripe plums, halved, stoned and thinly sliced
- Crème fraiche to serve
NEED 4 RAMEKINS, 150ml each
- Put the butter, honey and cream into a saucepan and heat until melted. Put the sugar, spice and breadcrumbs into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Divide half the buttery fudge mixture between the ramekin dishes and top with a layer of plum slices and half the breadcrumb mix. Add the remaining plums and breadcrumbs then spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Set the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) Gas 6 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes then carefully unmould the puddings and serve with a spoonful of crème fraiche. (Obviously you can leave the puddings in the ramekins to serve.)
THIS RECIPE COURTESY OF ‘HOME GROWN HARVEST’ – RYLAND PETERS & SMALL