This is a recipe that my mother-in-law first introduced me to. To be honest I was a bit dubious about the raw broccoli but it turned out to be absolutely delicious! A great side dish for a summer BBQ, especially a steak, and a nice alternative to coleslaw.
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Medium Sized Red Onion
- A Good Handful of Grated Cheddar Cheese (I use a mature cheddar)
- 4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of Vinegar (Red, White Wine or Cider)
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- Cut the broccoli up into florets.
- Dice the onion as small as you can.
- Grate the cheese.
- For the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar together.
- Then stir all the ingredients together. I find it best if you make it the day before or at least the morning before you want to eat it.