Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is my go to dinner party pud! They seem to be pretty failsafe and you can serve them with your favourite fruit.
Ingredients (makes 4 – 6):
- 3 Gelatine leaves
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 ml Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out (I have always just used good quality vanilla bean paste)
- 25 g Sugar
- Strawberries and passion fruit to serve
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool (easily does 6 small metal ramakins).
- Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set. (I tend to make them in the morning to give plenty of time to set).
- When you are ready to serve, I run the ramakins under a little warm water and then turn the panna cottas out onto plates. I like to serve with chopped strawberries soaked in the juice from a few passion fruits!