SAUSAGE AND ONION PASTA
Sausage and Onion Pasta
Another family favourite and a great easy mid-week dinner option. I think this was originally a Nigel Slater recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 Sausages – Choose your favourites!
- 2-3 Medium brown onions
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Wholegrain Mustard
- Single cream – approximately 200ml but use more if you want extra sauce. I have also made this with dairy free cream which works just as well!
- Pasta – Whatever shape you like!
- Slice the onions and add to your pan with a little oil and butter. Cook them on a low heat slowly until softened.
- Whilst the onions are cooking remove the sausage meat from the skins and divide into small meatballs.
- Fill a separate saucepan with salted water and put on to boil for your pasta.
- Once the onions have softened add the little sausage meatballs you have made into the same pan to cook along with the onions.
- As the sausage meat starts to brown stir in a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and a tablespoon of wholegrain mustard and turn down the heat on the pan if it’s starting to stick.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Once the sausage meatballs are cooked pour in the single cream and give everything a really good stir.
- Drain your pasta and add to the sauce and stir everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!