A great recipe to use up all those left-over Christmas clementines especially as they are so lovely at this time of year! This curd also makes a lovely homemade gift for friends and family.
- 5 Clementines, finely grated zest and juice
- 4 Large Eggs
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 240g Butter, cubed
- Place the clementine zest and juice into a large, clean heatproof bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs and whisk into the fruit juice together with the caster sugar.
- Place the bowl over a lightly simmering pan of water, making sure that the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Add the butter cubes then cook over a gentle heat whilst continuously stirring until the curd thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon which should take about 20 minutes.
- Pour the curd into sterilised jars. Cover with a waxed paper disc, seal the jars and allow to cool.
Store in a cool place