Ingredients: (Makes 16)
- 325g Shortcrust pastry
- 200g Salted butter, room temperature
- 100g Ground almonds
- 200g Caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 2 Heaped tbsp Whole natural yoghurt
- 2.5 Tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ Tsp Almond extract
- 100g Self raising flour
- ½ Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 250g Blackberry/Raspberry Jam
- 240g Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces (2 medium approx.)
- 150g Blackberries
- 30g Flaked almonds
20cm x 30cm x 6cm
- Line your baking tin with baking paper.
- Roll out the pastry and press into the tin, lining the bottom and sides.
- Prick the bottom and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (Fan)
- Blind bake for 10 minutes, take out paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes before removing.
- Reduce the oven to 150 C.
- In a food processor blend the butter, almonds and sugar until smooth.
- In a jug beat the eggs with the yoghurt, vanilla and almond extract then with the blender on add to the processor.
- Stop the machine and remove the lid to add the flour and bicarbonate of soda then blend again briefly.
- Spread the jam over the pastry and top with the batter.
- Scatter over and lightly press the apples and blackberries. Finally sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour or until the cake skewer comes out clean; if you find the top is browning too fast lightly cover with foil.
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting.